22 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW HAD NAMES ...
1. CARUNCLE , the pink tissue looking ball in the inner corner of your eyes is called caruncle.
|caruncle,that pink things in the corner of your eyes|
2. LUNULE , the crescent-shaped area at the base of human fingernail
|lunule,crescent shaped part at the top of a nail (the white)|
3. PETRICHOR , the greenish smell when rain lands on dry ground . The word of petrichor is from the Greek which is petra and ichor . The terms was coined by two Australian researchers in 1964 ( wow, a great name)
the dot is called tittle
5. FERRULE , a usually metal sleeve used especially for joining or binding one part to another to strengthen it or prevent splitting.
|ferrule,the metal part of a pencil|
6. MORTON 'S TOE , is a common forefoot disorder where the second toe is longer than the big toe ( the hallux)
8. DESIRE PATH , is path developed by erosion caused by footfall. The path usually represents the shortest or most easy navigated route between an origin and destination
|The desire path|
9. SEMANTIC SATIATION , is a psychological phenomenon in which repetition causes a word or phrase to temporarily lose meaning for the listener .
|This is called semantic satiation|
10. PHOSPHENES , is a phenomenon characterized by the experience of seeing light without light actually entering the eye.
|The light you see when you close your eyes and press your hand with them|
11. CREPUSCULAR RAYS , are rays of sunlight that appear to radiate from a single point in the sky .
12. MUNTIN , a strip of wood or metal separating and holding panes of glass in window .
13. ARMS AKIMBO , is a human body position in which the hands are on the hips and the elbows are bowed outward .
14. FEAT ,a dangling piece of curly hair .
15. PEEN , The end of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface, often wedge-shaped or ball-shaped and used for chipping, indenting, and metalworking.
16. DYSANIA , The state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning. (I have dysania haha )
|Let's sleep, zzzzz|
17. PHILTRUM , the vertical groove on the surface of the upperlip, below the septum of the nose.
18. PURLICUE , a space between the thumb and the forefingers.
19. WAMBLE , stomach rumbling.
|My stomach is sick oh wait,that's wamble :)|
20. OPHRYON , the space between the eyebrows on a line with a top of the eye sockets .
21. GLABELLA , is the space between the eyebrows and above the nose.
|When you're angry the glabella will appear|
22. OCTOTHORPE , The symbol ' # ' on a computer or telephone handset.
|We always use this at twitter|